This position (one only) is open to any person who is a member of ASSU (as defined in the ASSU constitution); however, applicants who have knowledge of Classical Antiquity will be preferred (i.e. you do not have to be a Classics student to apply, but you must need good editorial skills in addition to a broad knowledge of the Classical World).
The successful candidate for this position will work closely with the Editor-in-Chief, Willem Crispin-Frei. The main responsibilities for this position are listed below, but candidates should take a look at the Plebeian Organizational Charter for a fuller understanding.
- Serving as the second-in-command, backup Chief
- Advise on design, deadlines, and meetings
- Hiring Associate Editors, and assisting with replacements
- Reading and ranking of all paper submissions
- Giving input on editorial decisions presented to the Editing Team
- Editing two papers with a partnered Editing Team member
- Observing deadlines for returning drafts to Submitters
- Meeting with the authors of the two assigned papers at least once
Interview and Hiring Timeline:
6 October 2016: Applications Due
7-14 October 2016: Deputy Editor Interviews
14 October 2016: Decisions Made
The hiring panel is composed of the Editor-in-Chief (Willem Crispin-Frei), the CLASSU President (in this case a proxy for Willem Crispin-Frei), and CLASSU Vice-President (Sam Mazzilli).
Click here to download the application!