Do you enjoy Classics, writing, editing, and academic journals in general? You might be the perfect fit for the role of Deputy Editor-in-Chief for Plebeian Volume VII!
The Deputy Editor-in-Chiefs role includes:
• Serving as the second-in-command, backup Chief
• Advise on design, deadlines, and meetings
• Hiring Associate Editors, and assisting with replacements
• Reading and ranking of all paper submissions
• Giving input on editorial decisions presented to the Editing Team
• Editing two papers with a partnered Editing Team member
• Observing deadlines for returning drafts to Submitters
• Meeting with the authors of the two assigned papers at least once
If you think this position is a good fit for you, please fill out the application below and submit it along with a 1500-2500 writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 5th at 4:00 pm EST. For more information check the Plebeian section of our website.